Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia? We are actively seeking casual Pharmacy Technicians to join our team working at our 100 Mile House & District Hospital.
What will you work on?
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
• Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
• Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
• Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
• Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
Effective April 1, 2023, hourly rate of pay is $33.18 per hour.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
How Will You Create Impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
**Note: Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL/MH facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program.
• Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.