Who Are We Looking For?
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for Casual Food Service Workers to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience and a current Food Safe Certificate....Apply today! The successful candidate(s) must be available to work day shifts from Monday to Friday from 06:30 to 14:30, 07:30 to 15:30
What Will You Work On?
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
• Collects and unloads food service wagons;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
• Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
• Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
How Will You Create Impact?
If you want to make a positive impact within your community, consider joining our team today! At Interior Health we strive to work together to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities, inspired by innovation and partnership to elevate the health and well-being for all. You can make a real difference within our Support Services teams, click here learn more
How Will We Help You Grow?
At Interior Health there is room to grow! While many of our Support Services positions may start as casual, there is an ubandance of opportunity from within to grow your career and to secure permanent and/or temporary work. Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid vacation (minimum 4 weeks to start) and Municipal Pension Plan.
For any position that is required to enter a Long Term Care (LTC) and/or Assisted Living (AL) and/or Mental Health (MH) facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.