Who Are We Looking For?
The Edgewood Outpost hospital in Edgewood, B.C. is looking for casual workers to fill a Cleaner role to work evening shifts from 16:00 to 18:00, 16:00 to 18:30 from Tuesday to Friday. If you have grade 12 and Building Service Worker certificate, or have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience and working evenings suits your lifestyle, apply today!
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
• Cleans areas such as floors, stairways, walls, windows, ceilings and walkways by methods such as sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot washing, and wet washing with mops and buckets and/or mechanical equipment. Applies floor finishes and/or buffs floors with mechanical equipment as required.
• Empties and cleans waste/recycling containers; collects and removes garbage/recycling according to departmental procedures.
• Cleans and disinfects washrooms and replenishes items/supplies such as soap and towels.
• Cleans and tidies items such as cupboards, lockers, basins and tables.
• Cleans items such as furniture, woodwork, ledges, fixtures and blinds by dusting, polishing and wiping.
• Moves furniture and/or equipment manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts.
• Cleans items such as venetian blinds, air vents and ducts, radiators, light fixtures and curtains as required.
• Cleans upholstered furniture, carpets and rugs by methods such as vacuuming, shampooing, brushing and/or shaking.
• Cleans treatment areas in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Picks up soiled laundry and linen, distributes clean laundry and linen, and places laundry and linen orders according to established procedures, as required.
• Maintains housekeeping utility rooms in neat and tidy condition. Maintains housekeeping machines and equipment by cleaning, lubricating and replacing items such as filter bags and belts.
• Cleans outside entrances as required, cleans and services sidewalks as directed.
• Uses pressure washer to clean such things as carts, wheels, stretchers, exterior of buildings, sidewalks, etc., as directed.
• Adheres to proper work procedures, observes regulations pertaining to work; cooperates in establishing a work environment free of accidents and industrial disease, and reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment in accordance with established procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How Will You Create Impact?
Support Services Workers are vital team members within the health care system and play an important role in the health and wellbeing of our patients, visitors and Staff. If you are looking for meaningful work that has a positive impact within your community, and room to grow – apply today!
How Will We Help You Grow?
While many of our support services roles start as casual, Interior Health provides opportunities to gain permanent and temporary work, cross-training into other areas of support services and beyond, potential for employer paid health and wellness benefits including pension plan and group life benefits. If you are looking for a great foundational work opportunity, learn more about Support Services here!
For any position that is required to enter a Long Term Care (LTC) and/or Assisted Living (AL) and/or Mental Health (MH) facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
Building Service Worker Certification – must in clude a copy with application
or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER REVIEW**
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
nterior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Wages affective April 1, 2023 $23.38
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.