Columbia View Lodge in Trail, BC is looking for a Casual Food Service Worker to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: 06:50 to 15:00 – Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Trail is a safe, relaxed city situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. It is a community with outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities and an active art and culture community. For residents and visitors alike Trail offers a wealth of activities, from golfing and fishing to mountain biking, hiking, skiing and hockey. Not only is this Kootenay mountain town blessed with a central location and a temperate climate, but it is also a hotbed for technology, research and development. The Teck Lead-Zinc Smelter complex is located in Trail and drives the regional economy. The city is also home to the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, the largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays. Trail’s exceptional education, financial and retail services ensure that its residents have everything they need at their disposal without the need to travel outside of the region.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
**Please Upload Food Safe Certificate!**
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.