Have you completed a Hospital Pharmacy Residency program and licensure with the College of Pharmacists of B.C.? If so, we have a wonderful permanent full time Clinical Pharmacist opportunity for you at the Penticton Regional Hospital in B.C.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career!
What will you work on?
As the Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and long-term care environment. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will assess and recommend individualized treatments and act as the primary resource for drug information, education and provide expert advice to health care professionals. Added responsibility is monitoring drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care by:
• Identifying and assisting in the resolution of drug therapy problems. Consulting with physicians concerning problems such as drug dosage, allergy, incompatibility, interaction and efficacy; offers alternatives and obtains clarification for all questionable orders.
• Consulting with members of the health care team to develop patient-specific therapeutic plans based on chart review, patient information and assessment of clinical responses.
• Conducting drug usage evaluation (DUE) in acute or long-term care patients based on established criteria and standards.
• In concert with the health care team, developing and implementing pre-printed orders, standards, therapeutic guidelines, policies and procedures for surgical patients.
• Conducting patient counselling and patient education regarding drug therapy.
• Making written contributions, based on appropriate literature review, to drug information resources (e.g. I.V. manual) and the department newsletter as required.
• Providing work direction to pharmacy assistants in service activities including checking of work performed by pharmacy assistants.
• Providing instruction and supervision to students such as University Pharmacy undergraduates.
• Maintaining professional competence and expertise in the pharmaceutical profession through the on-going review of current pharmacy and medical literature, attendance at in-service or other educational programs as well as through contact with peer professionals.
Shift types are days and shift times are from 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities and you work alongside within a very supportive Pharmacy team!
How Will You Create Impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
• We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
Education, Training & Experience
• Current licensure with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or a combination of at least one year of hospital experience and advanced education courses.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
**Note: ‘This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply’
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.