Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital is looking to build its Casual team of Respiratory Therapists. Work will be available on a short-notice, on-call bases and/or blocks of shifts pre-scheduled to relieve leaves of absences. Opportunity to apply for Regular employment positions within the Internal Recruitment job posting process. Shifts will be Days, Evenings and/or Nights.
What Will You Work On?
Delivering Respiratory Therapy services and programs related to performing respiratory care in a multi-disciplinary setting. This position will work in ICU, Mat/Peds, ED and with the High Acuity Response Team (critical care transport). Critical care outreach team participates in night time on-call (responsible for intubations, art lines, esophageal balloon monitoring, ventilator management, NIV management, etc.)
How Will You Create Impact?
As a member of the KBRH Respiratory Therapy team, you will work to full scope providing direct patient care in a highly skilled and respected team of health care professionals who work hard and play hard.
How Will We Help You Grow?
• We offer ACLS, ATLS, PALS, NRP, and many other educational opportunities.
• Mentorship with other staff members.
• Tailored orientation to areas that require more orientation.
• Touch bases every few months to receive ongoing feedback.
• Ongoing support with the Respiratory Therapy Educator and Supervisors.
Who Are We Looking For?
Recent acute/critical care experience. Hard working, strong skilled RT’s who want to join a fun department with high morale and who want to stay in the Kootenay region for all it has to offer.
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Recent acute/critical care experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.