Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Perinatal team at the Kelowna General Hospital in beautiful Kelowna, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Practices in a perinatal clinical setting and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care
• Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
• Ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs
• Demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
Kelowna General Hospital’s Women’s and Children’s Services Department is a major referral centre for Interior Health. With five birthing rooms and 22 obstetrical beds, it sees 1,650+ deliveries a year. The department operates 24/7 with three RNs in labour and delivery and four RNs in Antepartum/Postpartum/Gyne Surgery at any given time.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC Employer
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in a Perinatal clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education & experience
• Current Fetal Health Surveillance
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NPR) within 2 years
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.