The F.W. Green Home in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Food Service Worker I to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
**The successful candidate must be reasonably available to work BOTH shift types noted below on ALL days of the week (including weekends).***
Hours of work: Rotating Days & Evenings from 06:30 to 14:40, and 10:20 to 18:30
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, positions at this level perform a variety of duties within a food service operation including:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Mountains of Opportunity! Cranbrook is situated in arguably the sunniest part of British Columbia. Nestled in a broad open valley located between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the older Purcell Mountains to the west, it offers a world-class golf destination, perfect conditions for outdoor activities, such as horse riding, hiking and biking or a relaxing afternoon boating on the lake. The winter brings great opportunities for alpine skiing or cross country skiing which starts right at the city limits. Snowmobiling is a popular activity with the locals and there is an almost limitless network of trails to discover and explore. Cranbrook is home to the main campus of the College of the Rockies. Forestry, mining, manufacturing, tourism, trade, service and transportation make up the economic backbone of the East Kootenay region.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
**Please Upload your Food Safe Certificate**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.