Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is seeking multiple Staff Anesthesia Assistants to come and join our team. If you are looking to practice where the lifestyle opportunities are endless, this could be the opportunity for you.
The RIH Operating Room Department provides surgical procedures in General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Urology, and also manage Multiple Trauma cases for pediatric and adult patients. We are a group of six highly qualified Staff Anesthesia Assistants, 17 Anesthesiologists, numerous RNs and LPNs, in addition to the technical and support staff.
Shifts will be scheduled Days, Evenings and/or Nights and on-call will be required on a rotational basis. Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. We are posting as we do have a fair amount of Casual hours available. A Casual position may lead to a Regular positon in the near future as we grow and move into RIH’s new patient tower Spring of 2022 where the Operating Room Department is moving over anticipating a new sterile core and huge OR theatres.
If you are looking for the opportunity to join our core group of Staff AAs, grow your Anesthesia Assistant skills, and are passionate about working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
• Graduation from a recognized school of Respiratory Therapy plus three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Completion of an accredited post-graduate Anesthesia Assistant diploma program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT).
• Eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current certificates in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.