We are seeking a casual Pacemaker Technologist for the Kelowna General Hospital!
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is the largest tertiary level hospital within the Southern Interior area, providing access to the highest levels of cardiac care for the entire region including: RACE, ECG/Holter, Pacemaker, Atrial Fibrillation and Cardiac Echo clinics, as well as the Regional Cardiac Catheterization Lab. The successful applicant will work within a supportive and cohesive team environment; to provide patient care to thousands of Pacemaker patients each year during pacemaker implantation, pacemaker clinic appointments and unplanned or emergency visits.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs pacemaker analysis in the O.R., including assisting the surgeon during implant procedures and programming individual pacemaker at correct values during implant.
• Provides emergency pacemaker services to various areas of the hospital including the operating rooms.
• Performs techniques relating to Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, stress testing, Holter and pacemaker monitoring and other types of diagnostic cardiac equipment.
• Monitors and documents all transtelephonic calls for patients with pacemakers and arrhythmia devices. Explains cardiac pacemaker screener system to patients and ensures that patients are aware of proper procedures.
• Providing interpretations, analysis, test/summary reports and troubleshooting as required.
• Participates in the instruction/orientation of staff and/or students by assisting with departmental orientations, in-service presentations, demonstrating procedures and answering questions, as required.
This is a casual position, days of work are rotating and shift times are 07:30-15:30, 08:00-16:00 and 09:00-17:00 plus on-call opportunities.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Apply Today!
Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists recognized diploma program in Cardiology Technology plus successful completion of a recognized Pacemaker specialty exam plus two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current registration with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.