The F.W. Green Home in Cranbrook, B.C. is looking for Casual Food Service Worker II’s to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience and a current Food Safe Certificate....Apply today!
**Please Note** the successful candidate must be well organized with a high attention to detail and who is familiar and comfortable therapeutic diets and the responsibility that comes with it.
The successful candidate(s) must be available to work rotating day shifts from 13:30 – 18:00. Casual employees are expected to be reasonably available to pick up shifts on a regular basis to be successful in this role.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
• Collects and unloads food service wagons;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
• Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
• Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
**Candidates that demonstrate knowledge in therapeutic diets are an asset
Must attach valid food safe certifcate
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.