South Okanagan General Hospital is looking for casual Food Service Workers to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
Hours of work: Rotating Days / 06:00 to 14:00, 11:00 to 17:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Oliver is a small agricultural community known as the "Wine Capital of Canada". The area's natural attractions continue to draw people for bird watching water activities, hiking, mountain biking, golf and winter activities. Oliver is only miles away from the neighbouring town of Osoyoos which is a customs point on the Canada-US border. Osoyoos is location on Osoyoos Lake and draws vacationers for water activities, golf, hiking and cycling in summer and downhill skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
**Please Upload your Food Safe Certificate**
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate (Completed in the last 5 years)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.