Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a hard working and dedicated Cleaner to fill a Casual position at the Golden District Hospital in Golden, B.C.! This position works a rotating schedule that includes days, evenings, and weekends
**Please Note that casuals are not guaranteed hours and work can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week**
What Will You Work On?
This position performs housekeeping duties throughout the facility and maintains clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient, resident, and client rooms along with washrooms, corridors, hallways, lounges, offices and common areas used by staff, visitors and patients/residents.
How Will You Create Impact?
Support Services Workers are vital team members within the health care system and play an important role in the health and wellbeing of our patients, visitors and Staff. If you are looking for meaningful work that has a positive impact within your community, and room to grow – apply today!
How Will We Help You Grow?
While many of our support services roles start as casual, Interior Health provides opportunities to gain permanent and temporary work, cross-training into other areas of support services and beyond, potential for employer paid health and wellness benefits including pension plan and group life benefits. If you are looking for a great foundational work opportunity, learn more about Support Services here!
Nestled between the Selkirk, Purcell and Rocky Mountains, and home to the confluence of the Columbia and Kicking Horse River, Golden is situated in the heart of six national parks (Banff, Glacier, Jasper, Kootenay, Mount Revelstoke and Yoho). It is a beautiful place to live, with breathtaking views and plenty for the outdoor enthusiast to do. Everything from bird watching, white water rafting, skiing and snowboarding on Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, hiking and paragliding on Mount 7, or mountain biking the famous Moonraker Trails, there is a host of activities offered in Golden and the surrounding area. During the summer months, stroll our in-town perimeter trail system, hop the gondola at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort to the highest restaurant in Canada, or check out our award winning golf course.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
*candidates with foodsafe and an interest in cross-training are an asset*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.