Are you a passionate, energetic Licensed Practical Nurse who wants to work for a team that has a person-centered philosophy designed to support peoples’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible? We are seeking a compassionate team player to join us at Swan Valley Lodge in Creston, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
• Performs assessments and plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to patients in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team; the scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population
• Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures
• Operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days, evenings and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
Swan Valley Lodge is a 90 bed facility including a maximum of 6 respite/convalescent beds and a 23 bed secured dementia unit. Our client-centred philosophy is designed to support clients’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required.
Effective April 1, 2023 - hourly rate $31.89 - $40.15 per hour.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.