Invermere District Hospital is looking for a casual Food Service Worker II to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience and a current Food Safe Certificate....Apply today!
We are looking for candidates who have an open and flexible schedule to work a variety of days (including weekends) and shifts that include: 10:17 to 18:30 and 10:30 to 18:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
• Collects and unloads food service wagons;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
• Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
• Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
Come live in beautiful Invermere, in the Canadian Rockies! Invermere, is situated on the shore of one of the warmest lakes in the valley, the town of Invermere is all about sun and fun. People come here to relax, to spend summer afternoons at the beach or go boating, river rafting or golfing. There are spectacular parks and hiking trails in the area. The area offers hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, white-water rafting, canoeing and wonderful camping. In the winter, snowmobiling and plenty of alpine and cross country skiing with 2 ski resorts on our doorstep. Skating on the World’s “Biggest Skating Rink”, The Whiteway is a must.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
*Please Upload you Food Service Certificate*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.