Interior Health has permanent full and part time ICU positions available in Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Kamloops, Trail and Cranbrook. We have great career opportunities for Critical Care nurses who excel in their practice and love what they do.
The British Columbia Nurses Union (BCNU) is the governing body for these positions.
At Interior Health we are committed to providing exceptional critical care services. We are looking for intensive care nurses who have the ability to connect with patients and families and understand the struggles that families face with having a critically ill loved one in the hospital. Our team’s focus on providing compassionate care and understanding to all involved is what sets us apart and takes healthcare services to the next level.
Join our cohesive and supportive team and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health benefits, medical, dental, 4 weeks of vacation, municipal pension plan, and relocation support.
Explore Critical Care Careers at Interior Health
Interior Health ~ a Top 100 Employer in British Columbia
We have ICUs in the following regions:
• Cranbrook and Trail bordering the Rocky Mountains in the heart of the Kootenay region
• Vernon, Kelowna and Penticton in the beautiful wine region of the Okanagan Valley region
• Kamloops, Salmon Arm and Williams Lake in the serene Thompson Cariboo Shuswap region
We have a variety of critical care settings to fit what you are looking for:
• TERTIARY REFERRAL HOSPITALS – high-tech innovative practice expanding environments including Cardiac Surgery
• REGIONAL & COMMUNITY HOSPITALS – smaller setting with full scope of practice, community oriented
• RURAL FACILITIES – smaller teams with expanded practice into the Emergency setting
• CRITICAL CARE TRANSPORT (HART) – medical transport with an expanded team of healthcare professionals
The Southern Interior of British Columbia is a world renowned vacation destination offering envious lifestyle choices and opportunities to match your career aspirations. A place where work-life balance is as important to us as it is to you.
If you want make a difference in someone’s life, make Interior Health your best personal and career destination! A place where Every Person Matters! Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the critical care clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 3 years.
This is not travel nursing. Effective April 1, 2021 the pay range for this position is $36.23 to $47.58
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.