- No similar jobs available
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT\CLERK SPARWOOD HEALTH CENTRE (CASUAL)
|Position Summary |
The Medical Office Assistant/Clerk works as part of an integrated administrative team by performing a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties including word processing, scheduling, physician billing, data entry, composing and signing correspondence, typing medical and legal reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Answers general and specific inquiries related to programs and services from clients, physicians, staff and the public. Assists physicians and/ or clinicians with the smooth operation and flow for patient visits and care.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course from an accredited Community College, plus two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
• Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
• Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
• Ability to type a minimum 50 wpm.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to follow detailed instruction.
• Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
About Clerical \ Admin
By being hired into one of our Clerical \ Admin jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Clerical \ Admin careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Clerical \ Admin job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Clerical \ Admin at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!