- No similar jobs available
FOOD SERVICE WORKER \ COOK NELSON JUBILEE MANOR (CASUAL)
Reference Code: 00538823
|Position Summary |
The Food Service Worker may perform a variety of duties within the food services operation, such as checking meal trays against patient menus to ensure accuracy of food and beverage items; reheating of meal service items according to predetermined temperatures and times; receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices; washing dishes, pots, pans and utensils; taking cash/ preparing and verifying daily float and setting up and delivering meal carts.
Other duties may include measuring and combining food and beverage ingredients by procedures such as grinding, blending and slicing and preparing and portioning out therapeutic diet items.
The Cook performs duties related to the preparation and cooking of food items; portioning and serving food, washing and cleaning kitchen equipment, utensils and designated cooking/work stations.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas, determining ingredients and quantities required and assembling ingredients and equipment required for cooking.
• Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as, soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats and other protein menu items.
• Tests food items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
• Checks patient meal trays against patient menus to ensure accuracy of food and beverage items. Removes inappropriate items and/or replaces as per patient menu.
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping, damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, tables, stoves, ovens, sinks, refrigerators, cooler, freezer and related food production equipment, walls and splash areas, removes garbage from kitchen area.
• Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining areas. Takes cash or meal tickets for items purchased.
• Sets up meal trays & dining room tables with items such as condiments, utensils and napkins; portions out food and beverages on meal trays according to menu slips; loads delivers, collects and unloads meal service wagons.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking
or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
About Support Services \ Other
By being hired into one of our Support Services \ Other jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Support Services \ Other careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Support Services \ Other job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Support Services \ Other at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!