RESIDENT CARE ATTENDANT ST. BARTHOLOMEWS HOSPITAL (CASUAL)
|Position Summary |
The choice is yours. If you want to become part of a exceptional team and hone your broad based nursing assistant skills, keep reading.... and apply today to join our care team at St. Bartholomews Hospital!
Known as the “Rafting Capital of Canada,” the village of Lytton is located on a bench of land in the spectacular Fraser Canyon of southwestern British Columbia, with scenic views of the juncture of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers. The dry climate, relaxing lifestyle and affordable housing of the area attracts retirees and young families. With employment opportunities at the local sawmill, government agencies and in education, the community has grown in recent years. In addition to rafting, recreational opportunities in the area include fishing, swimming, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
As the Resident Care Worker you are responsible for a variety of duties related to the general care and comfort of residents/patients including:
• Nursing procedures such as: collection of specimens in addition to care duties related to feeding, personal hygiene, transportation of residents/patients, and documentation in the resident/patient medical record
• Laundering of stock linens and resident/patient personal clothing and linens
• General cleaning of facility
• The preparation and service of meals.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hrs/week. Call for shifts may be on short notice.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 10 plus
Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program (please upload certificate)
BC Care Aide & Community health Worker Registration (please include registration number)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
About Care Aide \ Home Support
By being hired into one of our Care Aide \ Home Support jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Care Aide \ Home Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Care Aide \ Home Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Care Aide \ Home Support at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!