- INTENSIVE CARE NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (CASUAL) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL PRACTITIONER EDUCATOR KELOWNA HOSPITAL (RELIEF FULL TIME) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- EMERGENCY NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (RELIEF PART TIME) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- INTENSIVE CARE STEP DOWN NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (FULL TIME) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- EMERGENCY NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (PART TIME) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- MENTAL HEALTH NURSE CARA CENTRE (CASUAL) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- EMERGENCY NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (CASUAL) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- CRITICAL CARE FLOAT NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (PART TIME) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE NURSE – KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (CASUAL) - Kelowna, British Columbia
- CRITICAL CARE FLOAT NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (FULL TIME) - Kelowna, British Columbia
PEDIATRICS NURSE KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL (CASUAL)
|Position Summary |
We are looking for a patient focused team player to fill a casual Pediatric opportunity that we have within our team at Kelowna General Hospital.
The Pediatric unit at KGH is a dedicated pediatric unit providing inpatient care as well as day care surgery and outpatient support for children up to and including 16 years of age. The inpatient area is supported by 10 beds, but has the physical capacity to increase to 21 bed spaces if/when required. We have a separate daycare/outpatient space that supports care on a daily basis.
Our Pediatric department is composed of 8 pediatricians, 4 full time and 4 part time. Of the 8 pediatricians, one is an pediatric endocrinologist and one is a pediatric nephrologist with the rest being general paediatricians. We have a busy neonatal service with over 1600 deliveries per year and the KGH offers level 2 neonatal care.
The Pediatric Program believes in a closer to home model of care, where children when possible, can receive care in their home community surrounded by their support system. A partnership exists with BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital which allows for the provision of ongoing chemotherapy and supportive care to pediatric oncology patients living in Kelowna as well as the surrounding Okanagan Valley. In addition to oncology care, partnership outreach clinics from BC Children’s also utilize the outpatient space on the unit to provide follow-up to children and families. Cardiology and Neurology clinics visit 6 – 8 times a year. Due to current space limitations Genetics and Hemophilia clinics come to the community but are facilitated off-site.
The department operates 24/7 with nursing staff working 8 hour and 12 hour shifts.
If you would love to work with a progressive and cohesive team, we have what you are looking for and would love to hear from you! Apply today.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
One year recent related acute pediatric nursing experience on a unit similar in size and scope to the facility, with knowledge of physiology and psychology of children aged new born to 16 years or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. New nursing grads must have completed their final preceptorship on a pediatric inpatient unit.
Current Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
About Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse
By being hired into one of our Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!