Senior Data Warehouse Architect Capri Centre (Relief Full Time)
Reference Code: 00527063
|Position Summary |
We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Architect to join our team in Kelowna!
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
As the Senior Date Warehouse Architect, you will develop, test, implement and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse environment which supports report development, decision support system and business intelligence throughout Interior Health according to established policies, procedures and standards.
• Gathers customer requirements and gain understanding of them by analyzing business functions of complex subject areas to recommend effective data warehouse solutions.
• Develops, Implements, and Maintains data models and database designs by following best practices to build complex data warehouses, data marts.
• Develops, Implements, and Maintains data Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes between complex IH wide operational systems and the Data Warehouse.
• Works with management and team to establish and maintain consistent standards for the data warehouse environment.
• Optimize data access and data loading techniques by analyzing queries involved to facilitate timely information to the customers.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of information analytics data structures to support Report Development and Business Intelligence department.
• Works closely with Database Administrator to provide insight into Data Warehouse schema and database performance tuning.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
The ideal candidate requires a degree or diploma for a recognized program in Computer Science plus 3 years recent experience in Data Warehousing and ETL tools. Knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to write programs in a variety of programming languages.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
***Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted***
About Information Technology
By being hired into one of our Information Technology jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Information Technology careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Information Technology job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Information Technology at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!