Staff Development Educator Royal Inland Hospital (Permanent Full Time)
Reference Code: 00542199-1
|Position Summary |
Permanent full time position now available for a Staff Development Nurse Educator at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops!
The Staff Development Educator is responsible for identifying, planning, compiling and delivering training sessions for Nursing staff to assist them in meeting their key competencies in compliance with scope. Compiles, implements and evaluates general and unit specific Orientation and Education programs for the Nursing staff. Facilitates the development and ongoing maintenance of the department’s preceptorship/mentorship programs. Participates in the on-going review and revision of patient care standards, policies and procedures and coordinates the in-service programs aimed at meeting the continuing educational needs of nursing staff. This position works Monday to Friday 07:30 to 15:30.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Compiles, implements and coordinates the orientation, education and conference programs to ensure continuity of all staff development programs.
2. Compiles, conducts, evaluates and makes revisions to the general orientation program for Nursing Services. Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of the unit orientation programs based on the competencies established for each area.
3. Compiles and conducts the Preceptorship/Mentorship training program and provides ongoing educational support to the preceptors on each unit and nursing staff of each area to identify and document the skills and competencies for each area.
4. In consultation with representatives from each of the units/departments, assesses the ongoing learning needs of the staff and participates in the development and implementation of programs to meet the educational needs of the staff.
5. Assists the Managers and Patient Care Coordinators in the development proposals for educational initiatives.
6. Searches current literature and communicates findings for the development, implementation and revision of standards of patient care and policies for procedures for patient care services.
7. As a resource person to Nursing staff communicates current information on approaches to patient care and researches new and/or alternative methods of care delivery.
8. As required, participates in regional and hospital committees and functions as educational liaison with the IH Professional Practice Office.
9. Increases nurses’ awareness and opportunities for continuing education, for specialty training (such as Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation) and for acquiring competencies and skills in order to meet the changing technologies and health care needs, by:
• Providing information, arranging in-service and certification sessions and other related duties.
• Motivating nurses, on a group and individual basis, to participate in educational events available in person, online, or through distance learning, and by communicating such information in person, by email, letters and flyers.
• Coordinating and booking educational sessions within the facility and where appropriate in consultation with the Professional Practice Office.
• Delivering information by way of formally teaching and instructing nursing staff in both classroom and on-unit settings.
10. Evaluates outcomes and effectiveness of education and instruction methods by formally assessing staff and programs through tools such as written and verbal tests, satisfaction surveys for patients and staff and identification of the overall improvement in the delivery of cost effective patient care.
11. Maintains a resource list regarding educational funding, bursaries and scholarships.
12. Establishes partnerships with colleges and universities as well as preceptorship for student nurses by acting as a liaison between colleges and universities and by facilitating the number and types of such students suitable for placement in the sites.
13. Liaises with the Professional Practice Office and is responsible for assisting with the implementation of new policies/practice standards developed through Interior health.
14. Facilitates the utilization of resources to ensure alignment with the established and approved budget.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing plus three years’ recent related experience and two years’ formal experience in adult teaching/learning and curriculum development; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of BC (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC).
Current CPR certification.
About Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse
By being hired into one of our Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Reg Nurse \ Reg Psych Nurse at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!