Medical Laboratory Technologist Royal Inland Hospital (Casual)
Reference Code: 00574270
|Position Summary |
Royal Inland Hospital is presently recruiting for Casual Medical Laboratory Technologists to join our Lab team in providing vacation relief coverage and short notice on-call availability. Successful candidates will have current registration with Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science.
Located in Kamloops is the Royal Inland Hospital, a 216 Acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. RIH has a Level 2 Neonatal Acute Care unit, an expanded imaging department and with a state of the art emergency trauma unit is also designated as a trauma center. Kamloops is home to a 44 bed Tertiary Psychiatric Facility located on the Royal Inland Hospital campus.
The RIH Lab has a strong team approach supported by opportunities for on-going education and career growth. RIH Lab is currently the largest Microbiology Lab across the Interior Health Region. We have a very experienced team of technologists that work closely together. RIH is also a teaching hospital for BCIT and New Caledonia Medical Laboratory Technology students. We have a Microbiologist on staff who is leading progressive change towards Molecular Technology and Antibiotic Stewardship.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collects and receives a variety of specimens by methods such as reviewing requirements on requisitions, collecting blood and other specimens from clients.
• Provides verbal or written instructions for collection of specimens by others.
• Prepares specimens and performs routine and/or complex laboratory tests.
• Sets up, calibrates and maintains a variety of laboratory instruments.
• Performs and evaluates quality control within assigned area.
• Prepares a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls.
• Prepares specimens for transport to other facilities.
• Maintains necessary and accurate records.
• Participates in departmental training programs in individual or all sections of the lab (such as, microbiology, histology, cytology, etc.) with a view to learning new/existing tests and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2013! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work... http://www.eluta.ca/work-at-interior-health-authority.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Graduation from an approved Medical Laboratory Science Program.
Current certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS.
One (1) year recent related experience.
By being hired into one of our Laboratory jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Laboratory careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Laboratory job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Laboratory at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!