- No similar jobs available
Community Health Worker Boundary Hospital (Casual)
Reference Code: 00568590
|Position Summary |
As the Community Health Worker you will provide home support services to clients by assisting with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming and oral hygiene while promoting maximum independence. You will perform delegated tasks according to written procedures for which training has been completed and in accordance with the Interior Health Personal Assistance Guidelines such as:
• Perform and/or assist clients with ambulation and/or transfers utilizing mechanical aids when designated.
• Perform and/or assist clients with procedures such as medication regimes, non-sterile dressing application, exercise programs, application and removal of prosthetic devices, assisting with ventilation devices and bronchial hygiene techniques etc., in accordance with the Interior Health Personal Assistance Guidelines.
• Support the individual’s right to independence, privacy and dignity by assisting with tasks or portion of tasks, only to the degree needed.
• Demonstrate and provide information to clients’ related to their personal care, nutrition, activation and self help skills.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program (please upload certificate)
Current valid Class 5 BC Drivers’ License
BC Care Aide / Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
Skills and Abilities:
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Home management skills
• Ability to operate related equipment
About Care Aide \ Home Support
By being hired into one of our Care Aide \ Home Support jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Care Aide \ Home Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Care Aide \ Home Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Care Aide \ Home Support at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!