- No similar jobs available
Practice Lead Primary Health Care (Temp Full Time)
Reference Code: 00572381-2
|Position Summary |
Come join one of BC's Top Employers!
The Community Integrated Health Services (CIHS) portfolio integrates community services to better meet the needs of Interior Health residents outside the acute care system. Programs are developed and implemented based on population demographics and health needs, in consultation with community partners. They are designed to enhance patient-centred care, quality and innovation across the health-care system. Service delivery begins and ends at the physicians’ office, with multi-disciplinary teams of health professionals supporting the patient in the community.
Practice Leads will design strategy, set standard and direction for programs that fall within the Community Integration Portfolio; collaborate with other portfolios to ensure the seamless integration of client-centered services. Assessing and identifying critical issues and opportunities in health care, the incumbent will develop strategic recommendations for Program Directors as the portfolio moves forward. Crucial to the success of the position is the ability to analyze and consolidate Ministry and IHA objectives, evidence-based practice, emerging best practices, standards, and existing or new regulatory requirements into viable operation plans for IHA.
The incumbent will be expected to see the “big picture” by:
• Keeping pace with changes by scanning the environment for the relevant trends and developments affecting the portfolio’s programs.
• Demonstrating the ability to identify strategic issues and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders across IH to assess the situation and alternatives.
• Keeping apprised of Topical IHA, Strategic Provincial and Federal initiatives, and providing advice to Program Directors.
• Building collaborative integrative alliances across IH that can champion and build momemtum for strategic change.
• Supporting stakeholders including strategic plans execution, strategic process improvements, and communication.
• Monitoring input and enhancing performance metrics, continual and annual performance improvement, and planning of program strategic direction.
• Responding to changes in the global health care environment and participating in various ad-hoc projects as directed including guidance on process and methodology.
• Possessing a depth and breadth of knowledge to successfully implement strategies across the continuum of programs including Primary Health Care, Mental Health and Substance Use, Promotion and Prevention, Community Care, and Aboriginal Health.
This is a one year term position until approximately March 2015.
Worksite location may be flexible within the Interior Health Region.
• Bachelors Degree in a Clinical Area supplemented by Clinical Specialists Master’s Program
• 5-7 Years of recent, related experience.
• Interior Health Emotional Intelligence Competencies
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with diverse populations, incorporating diverse perspectives, values, and approaches into planning.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze situations and problems such that viable solutions are found. Approach challenges and complexities from a systems perspective.
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment and effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to introduce and manage purposeful change that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and operating principles of IHA.
• Demonstrated ability to identify strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that leads to identified outcomes.
• Ability to utilize computerized software/hardware technology within a Windows environment.
About Public Health
By being hired into one of our Public Health jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Public Health careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Public Health job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Public Health at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!