- No similar jobs available
Pharmacy Technician Creston Valley Hospital (Casual)
Reference Code: 00505620
|Position Summary |
Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and are registrated as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia?
The quiet community of Creston is located south of Kootenay Lake in the heart of the Rockies Region in Southeast British Columbia. Known as “The Valley of the Swans,” the Creston Valley is a breathtaking combination of snow-capped mountain peaks, fields of grain, deep clear lakes and wide-open spaces. Although primarily an agricultural centre with a focus on fruit production, the community’s economy is also dependent upon forestry, manufacturing, mining and tourism. Blessed with a temperate climate and situated amidst mountains, rivers, lakes and wildlife, Creston offers visitors and residents alike a wide range of outdoor recreational opportunities including golf, hiking, biking, fishing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
As well the Pharmacy Technician will,
• processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
• receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
• prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
• ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
• transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
• maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program (please upload certificate)
Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Skills and Abilities:
▪ Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
▪ Ability to deal with others effectively.
▪ Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
▪ Ability to keyboard.
▪ Ability to organize work.
▪ Ability to operate related equipment.
By being hired into one of our Pharmacy jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Pharmacy careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Pharmacy job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Pharmacy at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!