PROGRAM COORDINATOR (RECREATION) EAST KOOTENAY REGIONAL HOSPITAL (CASUAL)
Reference Code: 00495767
|Position Summary |
Do you have outstanding interpersonal skills, with an excellent ability to communicate with patients and team members? We are looking for a Program Coordinator (Recreation) to join our team at East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
As the Program Coordinator (Recreation), you will act as a member of the multidisciplinary team, to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a variety of recreational/leisure programs designed to support residents’/clients’ health and well being in residential, acute and/or adult day program settings.
Your skills will require that you:
- Arrange for residents/clients to attend community facilities, activities and special events, and ensures their transport and access as required
- Prepare newsletter for clients and families as required
- Facilitate weekly meetings with recreation staff as required in addition to facilitating family/client councils as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized recreational program
One years’ recent, related experience
An appropriate, valid Class IV vehicle license as required
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to supervise
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to operate related equipment
By being hired into one of our Rehabilitation jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Rehabilitation careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Rehabilitation job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Rehabilitation at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!