COOK ~ 100 MILE HOUSE HOSPITAL (CASUAL)
Reference Code: 00498933
|Position Summary |
The choice is yours. Do you want to live, work, and play in a rural community? Come and join our dynamic team at 100 Mile Hospital and demonstrate your impressive abilities as a Cook.
This position is located in the town of 100 Mile House is known for its friendliness and hospitality, originally a stopover point for prospectors heading north for gold. Forestry is the primary driver of the economy here; however, the community also serves as a commercial supply centre for the area. Located in the Cariboo Chilcotin Region of British Columbia, the town’s warm, dry summers are ideal for hiking and fishing while snow in the winter provides for cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. The natural beauty of the region with its lush forests and patchwork of lakes and rivers is the perfect backdrop for an outdoor lifestyle.
As the Cook, you will prepare assigned food items by methods/procedures such as roasting, frying, grilling, steaming, poaching, boiling, and baking.
You will also be responsible for the following:
• Prepares assigned menu items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas, determining ingredients and quantities required and assembling ingredients and equipment required for cooking.
• Plans cooking schedule to minimize time between completion of cooking and serving.
• Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as soups, sauces, salads, meats, fish, poultry, desserts by methods/procedures such as roasting, frying, grilling, steaming, poaching, broiling and baking; tests food items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
• Carves food items such as meat and poultry and controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas; checks meal trays and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
• Orders and receives supplies as required.
• Assigns tasks to designated Food Service Workers and provides related training and orientation.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hrs/week.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized program in quantity cooking.
One year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Food Safe Course Level 1 required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• General knowledge of sanitary food handling techniques.
About Support Services \ Other
By being hired into one of our Support Services \ Other jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Support Services \ Other careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Support Services \ Other job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Support Services \ Other at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!