ADULT DAY PROGRAM WORKER ASHCROFT HOSPITAL & HEALTH CENTRE (CASUAL)
Reference Code: 00524600
|Position Summary |
The Adult Day Program Worker facilitates leisure activities and social programs for the clients attending the program; and assists clients with activities of daily living while promoting maximum independence.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carries out variety of leisure and recreation activities for the Adult Day Program clients such as large group social interaction, small group skill development and 1:1 interventions.
• Provides direction and demonstrates techniques to volunteers and/or family members during social functions and outings.
• Carries out program preparation such as decorating, gathering needed resources and communicating appropriate information to other team members about upcoming events/programs.
• Prepares work area for programs by setting up implementation areas and/or related equipment such as moving tables/chairs and setting up overhead. Maintains clean, organized and safe environment.
• Observes client’s behaviors and level of participation and reports to the Program Coordinator or designate. Provides input into program changes and development as requested.
• Assists clients with activities of daily living such as toiletting, bathing and personal care. Transfer clients and assists with mobility as necessary.
• Completes related documentation on the clients daily participation in the program.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized Home Support Worker/ Resident Care Aide program (please upload certificate)
One year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Food Safe certification.
Valid Class IV BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to function as a collaborative and co-operative team member.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
Ability to instruct
Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
Driving knowledge of applicable area.
About Care Aide \ Home Support
By being hired into one of our Care Aide \ Home Support jobs at Interior Health Authority, you’ll be a key member of the Interior Health Authority team. Professionals in Care Aide \ Home Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Care Aide \ Home Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
A job in Care Aide \ Home Support at Interior Health Authority may be waiting for you!